Sunday, March 16, 2014

Happy New Year


***I started this post at the end of 2013 and so I cannot remember everything I wanted to say, but I had enough of it going I could not delete it***


At the end of every year I do a mental review of what happened, what went well, what I need to do better in the upcoming year, what absolutely sucked, what I want to do differently in the next year........2013 was not a bad year, but it was not the best, it for sure could have been a lot worse, but it also could have been a lot better.

It is hard to recap it all, but somethings that stand out to me are after a year of trying we finally got pregnant with our 3rd baby, we are finally in a place of our own....well its an apartment, but it is ours, Jeff was able to find a nice job in his field of study BEFORE he graduated school, we had a relatively medical free/healthy year, I finally figured out this crochet thing after about 20 years of not understanding it, Payeton sleeps in her own bed all night long (most of the time). 

Jasmin is starting to read and loves it.  We also discovered that she is our Sci-Fi scary movie kind of girl.  Some of her favorite movies include Avatar....not the anime, but the movie with the blue people with tails (as she calls it).  She is also into zombies and vampires.  She loves Monster High and other scary movies. While Payeton is my Strawberry Shortcake, rainbows and butterflies kind of girl.  She HATES scary movies....Hotel Transylvania scares her.  She is a love and very sensitive.  I love that the girls are starting to develop their own personalities and likes.

Both girls are growing like weeds.  They are both 90th percentile plus for height and weight, they are both left handed, they LOVE to watch movies and read books.  It is a punishment to them if we tell them they have to go to bed without a book.  Which does not happen often, but when it does they act like their world is coming to an end and I am THE WORST MOM EVER!!!

I have learned how to be thankful for even the small things in life.  To be grateful for my situation because it could always be worse.  

2013 was not a bad year.....could it have been better?  Of course, but 2013 was our turning point and things are getting better and we are hoping and praying that 2014 only gets better!

No comments:

Post a Comment