Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Where Has The Time Gone?

As I sit and think about where time has gone.....I can honestly say I have no idea. It seems that the days just roll into each other. Then one day I will sit and look at a calender and think "OH MY GOSH IT IS ALREADY MARCH?" I stop to think if I have done anything productive or worth while. I want to say no, but when I stop and list the things that have gotten done. I remind myself that yes I have gotten things done.

This year started out crazy for me. On December 29, 2011 I ruptured my Achilles tendon in a soccer game. I had surgery on January 6, 2012. The surgeon told me it was one of the worse ones he has seen. Not the worst, but it ranks up there. I did what they call a mop end rupture, so pretty much my tendon exploded. During surgery he had to dig up into my calf to find all of the tendon. Than he had to tie the bundles of fibers together before he was able to tie the tendon back together again. I now have a beautiful 4 inch scar on my left calf and heel. On January 16, 2012 I was lucky enough to be put into a cast. A hot pink cast (my daughters picked the color).My toe was pointed down so I could not even walk on my cast I was on crutches. Than on February 13, 2012 my cast was cut off and I was given a boot. You know the big black attractive boots. Yeah I got one of those. I wore that around for while. On February 24, 2012 it was my first day without crutches since December 29, 2011. I went back to the surgeon on March 11, 2012 where he told me things are looking as good as can be expected and that he was really pleased with how I was healing. He told me when I was ready to I could start wearing shoes. So on March 13, 2012 I wore shoes for the first time. It felt so good.

Now, I walk around with a limp which is getting better, but at the end of the day my ankle and foot looks like I am pregnant. It is very swollen and sore.

During that time I have been able to get some cleaning done of boxes, a few sewing projects, and other small unfinished things around the house, but over all I feel like I am not a productive person because of what I do not get done. I hope that once I am done with school things will start to calm down a little I can start focusing on all my sewing projects and get some more projects crossed off my to do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment