Monday, July 25, 2011

What a week/weekend

It has been crazy around our house. It has gone from moving - to not moving - back to moving to we do not know what we are doing. I feel like I should win the terrible mom award because I have been very frustrated with everything from work, home life, clutter, being fat, not knowing how to cook, school...........the list just goes on and on. I feel terrible because my kids have picked up the stress and frustration and they have been "acting out" which for some may not be acting out at all, but for my kids it is acting out. I have been taking all of this out on them and it just makes me want to cry. Right now there are in bed with Jeff as they were having a hard time settling down, I gave them some Benedryl and they are cuddled up with him. I have some amazing friends that have been reassuring me that I am not a terrible mom and that we all go threw moments like this. I hope tomorrow things are a lot better and that I am not as stressed out.

This week in school has be particularly tough for me. One assignment that we were asked to do is to write a letter to a chair member, principal, supervisor someone and ask them to consider allowing social media into the classroom/ work place. That was an eye opener for me. Some schools have a 100% ban on social media while others are have pilot programs going and other schools have something in between. I am still not sure how I feel about social media being in the classroom I completely agree that it does have its learning advantages, however, it only takes one student to get it banned for the entire school yet again. I am still on the fence. And as I hear that there has been a rise in cyber bullying, internet stockers, and the such it only makes me want to keep banned from the classroom and to lock my 2 toddlers up in the closet and never let them out. It is a scary world and in some aspects I feel that it is just one more avenue for them to become more exposed to a world that is a scary place.

Life is crazy, my girls are wonderful and I love to no end and I hope that they know that I love them and would do anything for them. I feel that sometimes I get caught up in the "ME ME ME ME its all about ME" that I forget that it is about them and that I need to be teaching them and helping them and not get so caught up in when is it bed time....I just want to go pee without the door rattling. I want to wake up when I want to get up and................My girls are my pride and joy and they make me laugh. Parenting is tough, but I am tougher and I just have to remember that I am only human too and that tomorrow is a new day. I love how they make me laugh and I love how gentle Jasmin is. After weekends like I just had I think 2 is a great number, but without fail as soon as I have that thought Jasmin or Payeton will come up to me and give a great big hug and tell me that they love me or they say something silly and make me laugh and then I get hit with the 2x4 and am told that I am not done yet.

Well it is off to bed for me my pillow is calling my name along with Hunger Games.......I gotta move kids into their bed.......poop.

Signing off for now -
Brendon

No comments:

Post a Comment