Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sick City

I have had so much to blog about, but when I get to the point of my day that I have a chance to I am so tired and think.....Tomorrow I will do it......

The beginning of finals week (middle of March) for Jeff he was sick.....very sick.....like ended up in the ER sick.  He woke up in the morning and said..."my entire body is throbbing" I did not think much of it because it was like 5:30am and in a half awake stupor I said "of course your body is throbbing your sick" He went to school and at some point during the day his teachers told him to go home.  He was so out of it and so dizzy that he did not realize it.

Around 3:00 pm I get a phone call at work on the work phone and my boss answers the phone and he hands me the phone (I was running the inserter) and he looks confused and he says "I think it is your husband but I cannot tell" I say hello and I hear this "hang on...here you go" I was really confused and just about hung up, but than another man gets on the line and says "this is.....(I did not catch his name) I am with the Salem EMS and we have your husband on the stretcher, but everything is ok we are taking him into the ER to have him checked out he is not doing good, he is dizzy, complaining of chest pains and woozy". I conversed with him for a few minutes and I told him I would meet them down at the ER.  My boss did not hear the entire conversation, but I think all the color drained from my face because my bossed looked at me and said "you are leaving?  We will see you tomorrow? Maybe? What is going on?"  I told him that the EMS were taking Jeff to the ER. My boss being the amazing boss that he is said.  If you make it tomorrow that is great if not let us know and come back when you can. With that I left.  As I was walking out I told my office manager what was going on....holding back the tears....she gave me a hug and said she would say a prayer that he is ok.  I walked out side called my mom and lost it.  Through the tears I asked her if she could pick up the kids from pre-school and she said yes and asked what was going on.  I told her and hung up.

To say that I was scared is a bit of an understatement.  My mind was going crazy.  I thought he was having a heart attack or a stroke or...........anything bad.  I called my home teacher who just so happens to be an ER doctor and I told him what was going holding back the tears as best as I could.  He told me he would meet me down there.  My mom called me back and said it could just be a simple panic attack.  I do not think I have prayed as hard as I did in a long time waiting for him to show up in the ER.

Once he got there I was able to see him and he looked terrible.  Shortly after they hooked up an IV my home teacher and another brother from our ward showed up. Our home teacher was watching the monitors and checking Jeff out.  They gave him a blessing and said to call if we needed anything at all. After 2 bags of fluid and some blood work results came back as extremely dehydrated and bronchitis.  Not to argue with the doctors, but my gut feeling and my home teachers gut feeling......influenza.  The good ol' fashion influenza.  They sent us home with orders of sleep, water, anti nausea medication (to help with the throwing up) and a heavy duty anti-biotic.

When Jeff showed up at the ER his fever was 102.9 and they got it down to 99.8 and as he was being released it was back up to 101.9.  That night as he slept he was sweating so much in the middle of the night we actually had to change the sheets and the next day we had to change the sheets again.  On Tuesday Jasmin got sent home from school early with a fever and Tuesday night I was sick and on Friday Payeton was getting sick.  It was miserable we could have bought stock in ib-profin and Tylenol.

We are all better now and I hope we never have to relive that one again.  Our bodies hurt so incredible bad, we had the chills, we could not eat it was HORRIBLE.

1 comment:

  1. Whoah that sounds awful! I'm so glad your husband didnt have anything worse than the flu. But wow, that is a bad bad flu! I've never heard of any flu quite so bad really. Yikes. Im so glad everyone is better and I really hope you never have to go through that again either!

    ReplyDelete