Tuesday, August 7, 2012

WALKING......

Lately my husband has been supporting me in loosing weight and getting my leg back in shape (I ruptured my Achilles tendon in December).  I walk roughly 1.2 miles a day.  For some that is the warm up, BUT there is a hill I walk up that is.....well torturous.  I mean really.  I walk my neighborhood two times so I walk this hill two times.  

While on my walk I passed a young girl that I know that was running with her dog.  Not jogging, not trotting, but running.  It started my thinking.  I have never been a particularly small person.  I am very German, very Viking which translates into a large frame and large muscles.  Although right now I am mostly fat.  But in high school when I was playing sports year round I had to wear men's jeans because my thighs and my butt were too big to fit into women's jeans.  

So anyways back to my thought process.  I was watching her run down the street and I was thinking....RUNNING IS EVIL.  I played soccer for 23 years, but running.  running to run is EVIL.  In high school the first hour of soccer practice was running.  I mean like...."OK girls go for your 45 minute run"  I dreaded it.  I HATED IT.  Swimming on the other hand.  Let me go swim laps for an hour and I would be a happy campier.  Than I started thinking.  WOW to have that much energy.  WOW to be back down to 170......(that's what I weighed when my husband and I started dating 6 years ago.  Six years later, 2 kids 13 months apart, and 3 surgeries later, I have gained almost 100 pounds.  HOW DEPRESSING!!!! What to do about?  I know I know eat healthier, work out, drink more water, be more active, join a gym.   Well in my perfect world I would have a gym membership, I would be a stay at home mom, I could cook and we would have a small work out room so while we watch our evening movie I can jump on the elliptical training and work out. HOWEVER, reality is I cannot cook, I am lucky to go pee by myself, and I feel like more often than not I run around like a chicken with my head cut off.  

I have been loosing weight slowly......LET ME STRESS SLOWLY.  According to my scale at home I was doing great and than I stood on the scale at the doctors office and I though "OK you added weights to the scale because my scale at home does not say that.......CRAP"....

To be truthful my weakness is that I love sweet things, I love drinking soda, and I do not enjoy eating.  I much rather snack all day long and drink soda.  I think water is gross, it is bland, and drinking it is a chore.  But the older I get the more I have noticed that I enjoy drinking ice cold water.  So I am slowly drinking more water.  My biggest fear in life is that I am gonna be one of those 380 pound women that cannot get out of bed.   AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  

That was my thought process on my walk tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment